Member of :
- KC Good Citizen Dog Scheme – Listed Centre
- KC Good Citizen Dog Scheme A1 Examiner
- Institute of Pet Behaviour Consultants
- Institute of Animal Care & Education
- The Guild of Dog Trainers
West Acre Village Hall
Proprietors & Senior Instructors:
Kevin Wardle-Rogers: ADTB Approved Inst. MIPBC, MGoDT.
Martin Wardle-Rogers: ADTB Approved Inst., MIPBC, MIACE, MGoDT.
(Both certified in Canine and Human First Aid)
FOR INFORMATION ON AGILITY TRAINING PLEASE CLICK ON THE TAB ABOVE.
Fun, effective and focused on success and enjoyment!
A dog that is well behaved can take part in family life and is welcome in more places. well trained dog is a happy dog.
- A dog that walks on a loose lead is much more likely to be taken for more walks.
- A dog that greets politely rather than jumping up will not need to be shut out of the room when visitors arrive.
- Giving your dog food or toys to reward the behaviour you want makes it fun for both of you. You will also get to know each other better, which in turn ensures you have a strong bond.
- A dog that is under control and comes back when called can be let off the lead and enjoys more freedom and exercise. This ensures the dog has more mental and physical exercise and will be better behaved in other situations.
Dog training secrets
Train your dog to fetch, twist and turn and much much more
All training is positive reward based training which makes learning more fun.
Your dog will respond much more quickly, and if you do make mistakes the dog will not be afraid of trying again for you.
HOW DOGS LEARN
Dogs learn by association, so if your dog does something and is rewarded, the action is much more likely to be repeated. For this to be effective the reward must be linked to the action. When training, this means the dog should get the reward within one second of the action.
TRAINING FOR LIFE
Remember you need to repeat these exercises a few times a day,every day, until your dog is trained. once trained, you can maintain your dog’s response by occasionally going back to basics and rewarding the behaviour you want.
WHEN TO REWARD
all the time for the right movements, then for the right whole action, then for best attempts Rewards can be: food (this can be part of your dog’s dinner or small treats), praise, a toy or game
Remember it is only reward if your dog wants it.
LEARN HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DOG WITH
NORFOLK & LINCOLNSHIRE K9 TRAINING
- 32 Marriott’s Gate, Lutton, Spalding, Lincolnshire PE12 9HN
- Mobiles: Martin: 07936 881792 – Kevin: 07469 969600
Senior Instructors: Kevin & Martin Wardle-Rogers
Fully Insured with Pet Business Insurance.
Head Office Venue:
Norfolk K9 Training
32 Marriots Gate
Administration & Bookings:
Martin Wardle-Rogers: MIPBC, MIACE, MGoDT
Kevin Wardle-Rogers: MIPBC. MGoDT
Agility Training – Manager
Jayne Widdess – DBdt Manager & Chief Instructor